Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Out of the Kiln..Some Good, Some Not So Good.

I was finally able to do a glaze firing yesterday!  The weather has really messed up my schedule.  I unloaded the kiln this morning and was pretty happy overall but there are several duds in this batch.
 First I'll show you what I'm pretty happy with...  I like these buttons.  They are all from those patterns I carved last week. (you might be able to click on the photos for a better look)
 and I like how these pieces came out.  I have several of these made in other colors.  I'm definitely going to make more of all of them.
 I like these patterns, not crazy about the glazes but they're okay compared to some of the items in this batch.
 I like these the most... I'm really loving this blue on this clay...


 And this soft blue is pretty.

 I really like this glaze it's so different from what I would normally pick.
 Love love love all of the leaves!  I could seriously make a gazillion of these and never get sick of them.
 There were only a few beads in this batch, but I like them all.
 And now for the funky stuff.
 These are all from my carved patterns again, but the glazes - ugh! Definitely NOT my favorite colors.  Every one of them came out weired.  They did some crazy stuff in that kiln.
 These two buttons are usable, but I'm not crazy about them.
 and this poor little leaf that is so pretty is permanently one with the wire. sad.
So that's it for today.  Some good, some not so good, and some down right awful.  There is another batch in the kiln now so I'm hoping for better results tomorrow.  Have a great Friday!

2 comments:

  1. They are all so gorgeous! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mary - how can you be unhappy about ANY of these.... gorgeous! and i totally love your vintage storage tray/drawer! i am with you on the two blueish-greenish pendants - the beautiful color reminds me of deep ocean blue! you already have accumulated a reeeaaaaly nice collection!!!

    ReplyDelete