Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

An Award: So A Little About Me...

The fabulous Pam at Indian Creek Studios was very nice and gave my blog an award. (Thanks Pam)
So, some things you don't know about me...

1:  I am addicted to supplies that come in colors.  Beads, Clay, Glaze, Glass, Fabric, Wool Felt, Buttons, Sequins, Yarn....the list is endless and I must have every color available to be happy which is why I am expecting to be featured on hoarders buried alive at any moment - my supplies are getting a tad out of control.

2:  I am the youngest of five.  1 older sister, then 3 older brothers.

3:  I love working with my hands.  I like traditional methods (no machines) of art.  Have been a hand quilter, spinner and  knitter, embroiderer, and beader for many years (forever really).  Wanting to use my own beads and buttons in my art quilts and knitting brought me to clay.  Working with clay brings together everything I love: working with my hands, texture, and color.

4:  I met my husband in an English class in college and we have been married for 20 years (will be 21 years on April 7).  I have been a stay at home mom for 19 years to 4 terrific kids.

5:  I am a Leo.  My birthday is August 19.

6:  I'm funny.  I laugh at my own jokes all the time.

7:  I give great advice! (Molly, you can thank me now for staying up until 1AM last night giving some of that great advice - how we were able to get up in time for school today I will never know)

8:  Howard is my great dane.  He was my birthday gift 3 years ago and he is hilarious.

9:  I have lived in Maryland my entire life.

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog too Mary! It is so nice to find out more about you. Oh and also Leo's born on August 19th rule!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to learn more about you! Congratulations on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary! I've had my teeth fall out in dreams, but never an eyeball! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, like to collect colors and arrange them. Spent 3 days recently arranging and rearranging my pastels. I love COLOR!!!!

    ReplyDelete