Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Pond...

I can't stop looking at this pendant.  I love how the glaze came out.
I'm going to be doing a shop update today and this piece will be one of the items listed.
I hope you are having a lovely weekend.  I'm getting ready to load the kiln (and I'm hiding from Mark because he is doing dreaded yard work and you know how I hate that!)
My backyard has been under construction for a very very long time!
There are about 10 projects in the works simultaneously!  We have the waterfall under construction, the koi pond extravaganza under construction...
 currently we are attaching the original pond to the new big pond and there will be a little rock stream with a small wooden bridge over it...  Howard is like "what the frig is goin' on here?"
 He likes to keep a close eye on things and sometimes that means looking between Mark's legs while he digs...

 The little original koi pond is full of life these days.  Lots of fish hiding and several frogs that kick it into full gear as soon as the sun goes down (I'm sure the neighbors are loving our pond lol)
and this ugly plastic thing is suppose to keep the herons away mmmmhmmm.  So far it's just an eyesore!
Mark put these landscaping logs down to keep the stone from going all over the yard until me get the little walls built...
 and we can't find a new fire pit screen...
 I'm going to use the same rock to make an herb garden where these two barrels are.   I'm hoping to get the herbs, soil, and stone tomorrow morning.
On another note...My new rose bushes are growing like crazy!!!!
and our tomato plants are cruisin' along too
 and so are the flower baskets along our fence
I will just be so happy when all the construction is finished and we can actually sit out here and enjoy it!
Ugh, Mark just said I have to come out and help...damn damn damn! I shouldn't have walked outside to take pictures - it implied that I didn't have anything better to do - &^$#$@! Now I have to work in the yard!

3 comments:

  1. The pendant is fab Mary, love your work! Your garden looks beautiful too, bet you'll be relieved when it's all finished! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a lot of work. Is it done now? I bet your garden looks magical now with all that landscape work. I want to see the koi pond and the waterfall. I can only imagine how lovely and peaceful to hang out in your garden. Marc at Nature's Image

    ReplyDelete