Thursday, March 10, 2011

Finally Some New Pieces To Glaze!

I am way behind on making new pieces.  You know how` life has a habit of getting in the way.  So I unloaded the kiln this morning.  Lots and lots of new pieces.
I've been playing around with some new textures.
I made this motorcycle to sew on the front of a journal.
Lots of tiny earrings in here.
and some new shapes and patterns.  I'm kinda likin these.
I made some hexagon buttons too.
I need to get crackin on glazing these.  I am seriously running low on pieces and I have commitments all over the place that need to get in the mail ASAP!  These need to be in the kiln tomorrow so that I can work on a button order.  Red buttons.  Red glaze makes me nuts.  I can never find the right red.  It's too light, too dark, too bright, too orange....ghaaa.  I'm waiting on the yarn swatch to help me match the color. 

So far this week has zoomed right on by with business paper work taking up every day!  I'm trying not to get behind but it is sucking up all my available clay time!  Well, that and my kids.  Last week was crazy!  Thursday night at 10:30 PM I was working with clay thinking ...I'm going to make a few more pieces and then I'm going to bed!... enter Jason...

Jason: Mom, does my arm look swollen? 
Me:  (his arm is swollen like Popeye! and it has a cut.) YES!  What the heck did you do?
J: I was goofing off at work and punched a box and didn't see the metal shelf sticking out and I hit it with my arm.
Me: When did this happen?
J: Tuesday.
Me: TUESDAY?!! Why didn't you tell me sooner?
J: I don't know.  I didn't want you to freak.
Me: Well, I'm freaking now!

Off to the ER.  When we get there the triage gal says "It's going to be a long wait.  Most of the people out there have already been here 3 1/2 hours."  Fun.  Then around 12:15 AM some woman walked by and said "Boy I feel sorry for you - I've been here since 4:00 PM!" So instead of going to bed I sat in the ER till 3 AM and then had to go to the pharmacy to get his meds then finally home.  Unfortunately, I had to be up at 6:30 AM to get the kids off to school and Mark off to work.  That was not a productive day.  At one point I wanted some Hershey kisses but was too tired to walk across the room to get them so I had to go without! :O) We had to go back to the ER on Sunday morning at 6:30 AM for a recheck and they had all of his insurance info wrong and the papers said he was married.   Isn't that nice ... such attention to detail. Quite remarkable. :O)


  1. Did you get any sleep at all? I love what you're doing with the clay and am looking forward to seeing these with the glazes!

  2. A day in the life.... of a mom with boys.
    Glad he's ok.

  3. Sorry to hear about your son. I love how our children fail to communicate those important details...
    Love your buttons, they are beautiful!

  4. i feel like i just stepped into my life in a different state! so glad i found you!
    and of course i hope your son is better - sounds like a nasty infection...