Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's New On My Desk...

The weather man completely screwed up our forecast for today.  They called for a little snow starting later tonight.  Instead we woke up to snow.  Schools are closed so the kids are home with me again today (5th day straight - they are getting a tad sick of being in the house).  The weather man said the snow would stop around 9:00am and start again around 4pm - it's never stopped snowing.  I'm not listening to the weather man anymore.  Clearly he's clueless.  It's a pretty snow, isn't it?
I'm making some patterns for my clay.  I'm liking them - I hope they work well.  I left the centers of the shapes open because I want to make a lot of versions of the basic patterns. 
 and I did a firing of low fire glazed stuff yesterday and some of my red earthenware clay glaze samples were in it.  These are my favorites.
 this one is really cool in person.  It's a very dark blue and I love how the red is showing through.
 Molly's mug needed to be fired.  Bad mother that I am - she finished this over a month ago and I finally got around to firing it for her.  I wish the lighting was better today - these photos just don't do it justice.
 I love the quote around the bottom and the inside is so fun.
 Is 45 too old to steal these shoes from a 10 year old?  These are Kellie's shoes and I love them - I want them!  Those new shamrock laces are so awesome!  My two favorite things - shamrocks and that green! oh that green!
Hope you are having a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I know those weathermen are crazy!!! They told us the same thing they kept changing it over and over.
    And No 45 is not to old to wear those shoes. What ever floats your boat!!!
    Love your daughters mug. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you're doing with the clay! Wear those shoes and enjoy them! (if you can get them away from her)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you are right, the colors are gorgeous!!
    ---
    too old? for pink shoes? no way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I don't know if you will get this, but I am a ceramics teacher and love the look of those red samples in the image above. You don't know what type of glaze you used on them, do you?

    ReplyDelete