Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

It Was The Best Of Plans...

Well, remember last week when I said that I was going to glaze everything and have it out of the kiln by Tuesday...that didn't happen.  Every time I plan my schedule my life gets in the way of my plan!  And then I decided to order a bunch of new Coyote cone 6 glazes to go with the ones I received for Christmas and they are taking longer than I would like to get here.  According to FedX they arrived at the FedX location 20 minutes away from me and were on a truck for delivery Saturday morning but they would not be delivered until Monday.  rrrr.  Why?  Why FedX? Why?  I must have passed 10 FedX trucks Saturday when I went to pick up Howard's meds.  I know I have received clay deliveries from FedX on Saturdays before = why not this time?  hhhhh, frustrated. 

I have been productive this week.  I made and bisque fired all of these pieces (porcelain and stoneware)
 And I made all of these pieces (they are going into the kiln this morning for their bisque firing.
I am definitely going to start glazing today! ToDAY!  and I'll finish tomorrow when the rest of the glaze arrives.  I'm planning to have everything finished and start listing items on Etsy by Wednesday!  I probably just jinxed myself by writing that.  But that is the plan.  Of course Monday is a holiday and Mark and the kids will all be home, so...you know...I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment in the glaze scheduling department. 

I made some tags for Howard in the stoneware.  I made one to hang on his leash too.  I'm not sure you can make a dog tag in stoneware - It may break, I certainly won't be listing any until I test it on Howard.  I hope you are having a wonderful (sunny - yeah!) Sunday.  Wish me luck on the glaze schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment