Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

New Etsy Shop Coming Soon! Save The Turtles! and some buttons

Wanted to stop in and say Happy Easter to all those who celebrate it!  I am still working on the buttons for the show and the shops.  Making progress - just have to glaze a bunch and then I'll be finished and can move on to the other items on my ceramic to do list.  I have been making a bunch of porcelain hand formed buttons.  Very fun.  I like their wonkyness.
 And I'm going to be opening a new Etsy store soon.  Kellie is very passionate about saving the Sea Turtles so we are going to open a store that sells turtle items along with other gift type things (all handmade) and most of the money from the sales (only etsy and paypal fees and shipping costs will be withheld) will go to an organization that works to save sea turtles (we haven't decided on one yet but will before the store opens).  Kellie is pretty excited about it.  I'm going to list some of my turtle checker and tic tac toe games (sorry for the terrible photo - it's an old one and I don't have any turtle games on hand to photograph at the moment) 
 The game pieces are wood disks that I hand paint and collage.  The game boards are machine pieced and hand quilted by me.  They come with a coordinated zippered bag - also made by me.  Kellie is going to keep me very busy with this project of hers - but it's a win win situation. I make her happy and she makes the turtles happy and she feels good about that!
 I will also be listing my turtle pendants in several sizes.
I think Kellie plans to make some turtle rocks and things as well.  Lots of fun items to be purchased to save those cute turtles, right?  I will let you know as soon as the shop is open.  Have a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment